Wednesday, April 17, 2019

9 Reasons I'd Fly With Han Solo





I'd choose Han Solo.

Don't get me wrong, Jon Snow is my favorite character on Game of Thrones. He's brave, selfless and true to his word. I would definitely trust him to have my back in a fight, but Han Solo has been one of my all time favorite characters since I was a little kid. 

After seeing Star Wars, I wanted to become an astronaut and fly around the galaxy in The Mellinium Falcon. 

You can imagine my supreme disappointment when I was told it wasn't possible. That didn't stop me though. I decided I'd create my own worlds and travel to them instead. Who needs a spaceship when you've got an imagination that can take you anywhere you want to go?

But, other than being the coolest space pirate around why would I choose Han over Jon? I've comprised a list.

1. He's Han Solo. (Sorry, I know I've said that already, but it bears repeating.)

2. He flies the fastest ship in the galaxy. Don't forget it "made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."   

3. He's always up to something that's dangerous and fun. (And he usually gets away in his ship. That's another plus!) Also, the experiences would make great stories to tell my grand kids. 

4. He's best buds with Chewbacca. Who wouldn't want to hang out with a Wookie?

5. Even though Darth Vader and the Empire are always on Han's tail, the Whitewalkers are just plain creepy and they're dead. At least the Storm Troopers are alive.

6. I like winter. I guess it's a side-effect of being a public school teacher, but I love a snow day. I'm a grown-up who still gets excited when it snows and I don't mind shoveling my driveway.  

Still, I wouldn't want to live in a world where winter lasted years. I mean come on, the long night is here now and it's bitter cold. 

Flying with Han Solo, we could hop aboard The Mellinium Falcon, leave winter behind, and go somewhere warm and sunny whenever we wanted.

7. You know what they say in Westeros, "The night is dark and full of terrors." In a galaxy far, far away they say, "May the force be with you." Which one sounds more inviting to you? For me it's a no-brainer. 


8. Hanging out with Han Solo also means spending time with Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. If Luke's around, there's going to be some cool 'Force' stuff going on. With Leia on board, I'd be able to watch Han and her bicker. That's always a good time.

9. Dragons are really cool but so are Ewoks and droids like R2-D2. Oh yeah, and don't forget Yoda and Lando.

Do you agree/disagree? Comment below, I'd love to hear your reply.




No comments:

Post a Comment